Thursday, September 29, 2011

My visit to Oglethorpe University

It's been quite a few years since I last visited Oglethorpe University in Atlanta, and I had forgotten what an attractive campus it is.  Located in Buckhead, not too far from Lennox Mall, this small liberal arts schools of around 1,000 students is a wonderful option for some GPS students.

Interested in developing not only good students but active citizens, Oglethrope offers an interesting Core Curriculum that is interdisciplinary in nature.  Not being a math person myself, I found it fascinating that you could take a course in math as a language to satisfy that requirement, something I think would have helped me view mathematics in a different light. And that's just one example of the courses offered in the Core. Though the sciences are strong at Oglethorpe (among other things), it is also the home of Georgia Shakespeare, a professional theater company.

If you're looking for a college that offers a close community with caring professors, this is a good school to consider. Plus you have all of Alanta at your fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment