Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Your Last Semester of High School

Right before the holidays, two seniors were in my office, exasperated and ready for the year to be over. "I'm so ready to go to college," one exclaimed, echoing a very common feeling among seniors.  And I think that's good. They are supposed to be ready to move on, and I'd be a little concerned about them if they weren't.

However, they've still got four and a half months left (my girls could probably tell you the exact number of days), and I hope they will take advantage of the opportunities they have left. Perhaps even more important, I hope they will remember that school is not over, and they need to keep studying!

So if you need a few reasons to get excited about this last semester of senior year, read "5 Reasons to Get Psyched for the Last Semester of High School."  Take some time to think about the great experiences you have had and the people you have had the opportunity to meet.  Stop every once in a while to soak it all in; after all, there are still memories to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment