Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Are students partying less?

I think I will let this article in The Atlantic speak for itself.  However, I am curious about one thing. I'm happy to hear that college students might be partying less, but I am a little disturbed that because they are spending more time on social media, they are spending less actual time with friends.

Can you really have a real friendship that is based on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram?  I don't know about you, but I like having a face to face conversation with my friends and family.  I like hanging out with them,debating new ideas with them seeing their real time reaction to things. Mrs. Goldbach and I had a fabulous conversation over dinner last night, but it is difficult to imagine that we could have had the same interaction via email or twitter.  So I'm just curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment