Monday, February 11, 2013

Affirming the Good in the Process, and Me? Attend a Women's College?

I've been away for a few days visiting colleges, but I've been doing some reading while I was gone.
Although one commentator describes this article as "overly-dramatic," I think it offers a healthy perspective on not only the scholarship hunt but the overall college admissions process as well.  This may be my favorite line in the entire article:  "College isn't about chastising yourself for failing to meet arbitrary standards, it's about affirming what is strong and good within you and working to nurture and guide what is not." Amen.
And on an entirely different subject, after attending an all-girls high school, I understand why you might not want to look at a women's college.  However, here is a great piece about the value of women's colleges, and there are some other good links at the bottom as well.  For example, you might want to check out the 10 best paying college majors for women.

Stay tuned for some thoughts about Florida Southern College, the school I visited over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment