Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Do you have to drink in college?

I hope this subject isn't off limits; after all, it is one of the realities you will have to face when you go to college.

During a student/parent meeting many years ago, a mother looked at me and stated, "I want her to go somewhere where there is no drinking."  I wasn't sure how to respond, but on the inside I was thinking, "Well, you might as well keep her home then. I don't think I can find a college like that."  But that's not to say you have to drink when you get there.

I'm not going to get on a soapbox and tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do.  However, when I came across this article - "The Sober Person's Guide to Having Fun in College" - I thought it was worth sharing.  Believe it or not, not everyone drinks in college.  Sometimes it just takes a little longer to find the people who think like you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment